The Secret about The Secret

Everyone is all a flutter about The Secret, or at least they were. And why wouldn't they be. A lot of people just saw the secret as, if I say I want a Porche, one will show up and by mine. Have you really never wished for a Porche before? There is so much that was left out of The Secret and it has to do with energy work.

Okay, so you wished for a
Porche and it didn't show up, why not. It's not just about positive thinking, which by the way is next to impossible to control. It's about positive FEELING. There is another book worth checking out call Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. Mr. Gladwell tells about how our brain works, we make snap judgments with more authentic emotion about how we really feel in less than the blink of an eye. Try controlling that! So you look at a Porche and all of the subconscious things you feel about your worthiness, money, status symbols and so on flood in and you try to override that with one happy thought that you think you should feel but really don't. Now where's my Porche
? See what I mean?

Now what you need to do is look
clairvoyantly at all of the beliefs that you have about why you don't have a Porche, don't deserve a Porche, don't want to be one of "those" people and shift them. Make way for beliefs about why you do have a Porche. You have to get really honest with yourself about how you really feel about owning a Porche
. You may need to do this several times over as new beliefs might bubble up after you shift out the old ones.

There is another additional technique from Lynn
Grabhorn that I really like in her book, Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting. She tells about making your energy vibrate at a joyful level and attaching that feeling to the things that you are trying to attract. She even has you speak aloud in the third person as if you are excitedly telling a friend about what happened. "Molly was so thrilled to see that book advance check in the mail that she went out and bought a yellow Porche
! Because she just loves yellow!" and so on. She has you imagine that you are in love when you are doing this joyful talking because it is a natural very high vibration.

I did this technique in addition to other techniques to attract my husband. It worked and he is wonderful. But I didn't just try to attract him, I tried to be ready when he got here. I looked at all of the reasons my past relationships hadn't worked, I focused on what beliefs I had about myself and what I was afraid of. To be honest I did this joyful talking thing only three times because I found that forcing yourself to feel excited makes you feel really low later, like you are drawing from a finite source. Or at least that's what happened to me.

I also found that it's really hard to generate that joyful energy when you don't really want the thing you are trying to attract but don't realize it. Like if you want a job because you need a job, but you don't really WANT a job. If you do find this happening, take note and try to figure out what it is that you do really want.

Forcing myself to be joyful while talking about the future and finding that it drained me also really helped me to let it go which is the final key that they really under emphasized in The Secret. Letting go is so important because it keeps you from being anxious. Remember that earlier post when I said that I saw something interesting about anxious energy and how it relates to manifesting? Well what it does is cause energy bubbles, like gas in your space. This happens when excitement turns to anxiety, not just when you are excited. What the bubbles do is they take up space, shoving your higher self out of your body,
ungrounding you and keeping the space for the thing you are trying to attract occupied. You can only fill an empty tea cup, as the saying goes. With your higher self nowhere near to tell you when to turn right for the opportunity to get your Porche, you never turn right. Without being grounded you don't make the good decisions that lead to the bonus check that would have bought the Porche
.

Not to mention that anxiety shows that you are not addressing some fear about receiving what you are wishing for. Anxiety comes from desperation, the feeling that it just has to happen. You can't let it go when you feel like that, you're too attached to it. You have to make peace with the possibility that it may never happen. I call it making peace with the alternative. If you let yourself be okay about the worst case scenario it helps you let go of the desperation. When I was attracting my husband using energy work I did a meditation where I saw myself as a single older woman who never married (or remarried in my case). I saw the long grey braid I've always wanted, I saw myself doing healing work on a woman with breast cancer, I saw the ranch I lived on with my horses and I was really happy. I told myself, "if this is my life without ever finding Mr. Right, I would be very happy with that." And I really felt that way. I knew that I would make a happy life for myself whether I met him or not because I wouldn't let not being with a man keep me from being happy.

So to recap: you need to know what you want, know how you feel about, shift the ways you feel about it that don't support you getting it, make yourself feel great about it, and let it go! Easy enough, right?

1 comment: