Karma Chameleon

I am currently writing a thesis paper for my Masters degree in Metaphysical Science, I have chosen the topic of Karma. I am learning so much and I'm not even done with all of my research yet!

First of all I found out that according to the Hindu religion, which is where the concept gained popularity, karma is the deed you do, not the outcome of the deed. We all think that karma is the consequence when it's the action that causes the consequence. So in essence "good karma" to a Hindu isn't a reward it's action that you do like charitable giving or helping a neighbor. They do believe that these deeds will be rewarded in either this life or the next one.

Now the Buddhists don't believe in good karma vs. bad karma, they just believe every cause has an effect and we label them good or bad based on if it's the effect we wanted (which they don't think is a very evolved thing to do). I'm with the Buddhists on this one. Karma is like the law of attraction, it doesn't have a judging will of it's own. It's not doled out by some higher being based on your worthiness. There is no favoritism when it comes to karma. Also like the law of attraction, we have little way of knowing when either will pay their cosmic dividend.

In reference to the good vs. bad idea, there is an old Zen (I think) story that goes like this: A man in the village is telling the wise man a story about a windfall he gets of a neighbor's horse. The villager says to the wise man, "isn't that fortunate?!" and the wise man says, "we'll see". The villager's son falls off the horse while riding it and breaks his leg, the villager says to the wise man, "isn't that unfortunate?!" and the wise man says, "we'll see". Then war breaks out in the area and the boy can't go to fight and risk his life because of the broken leg so the villager says to the wise man, "isn't that fortunate?!" and the wise man says, "we'll see."

I always feel that this story is trying to tell us that labeling things good and bad is a waste of our time and unnecessary. This really applies to karma. The idea of karma isn't to reap as many rewards as possible while avoiding punishment, it's meant to teach you how to live a good life. The best karma is no karma at all. You don't incur karma (which as I've come to see it, wrong or not, as a lesson that our spirit wants us to learn for our own peace and happiness) when you approach a situation selflessly and make the choice that supports your spirit. It's the ego that wants the "good karma", it's the spirit that wants no karma.

As a clairvoyant I can see karmic connections sometimes. Ones I have to others, ones others have to each other and it's never punitive, it's informative. It exists because your spirit is clear that you didn't understand the lesson when presented in another way and it's just trying a different approach. When I say lesson I don't mean "you need to be taught a lesson" in the punitive sense. I mean that when you sign up for human class there are things that are on the syllabus you have to master in order to pass that class, these are your lessons and karma is part of that.

So when I've talked about feeling different about the past through energy work, this is in part what I am talking about. You can watch a movie of the lesson with your clairvoyance as well as use it to learn the lesson because with clairvoyance it's like an open book test. Sure you can do it in the world as well with some varying degree of difficulty and success, but why not do as much as you can the easier way.

So, now on to more research for my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment